In this article you'll learn:
- How to access the Dynamic Report
- How to use the Data Overview Page
- How Player XP presents information in report form
- The various pages available to you through the Dynamic Report
So now you have become familiar with the Player XP features and the Community Hub page, you should be ready to start digging through your data and finding value from the Player XP platform. To start this, we're going to walk you through one of our main features, the Dynamic Report.
The Dynamic Report is our deepest feature and allows you to do a varied level of analysis depending on your focus, time and experience.
First of all, to access the Dynamic Report, you will need to click on the 'Dynamic Report' button from your Community Hub. This will take you into the Data Overview page within the Dynamic Report.
Inside this page, you'll see how your game has been performing over time and the volume of activity taking place within your community channels. You'll also start to be able to identify what's causing any peaks or troughs you may be seeing in your data by looking at either the Per Channel breakdown or the Most Discussed Categories feature.
*update* Throughout the dashboard, you'll now start to see the number of community members active within your community (as seen represented in orange within the bar chart in the above image). This metric acts as a guide to how many unique community members have left a comment across all of your channels.
The great thing about our Data Overview page is that it should act as a signpost as to where to look next, or if you are just looking for a snapshot of current performance, you shouldn't need to go anywhere else.
If you are looking to perform a further analysis then you can start to navigate to the sub-pages of the Dynamic Report by clicking the various interactive elements across the Data Overview or by using the main Dynamic Report navigation element:
Becoming Familiar with the Layout
Unlike other data analytic platforms, Player XP avoids the use of the sidebar listing each feature one-by-one and instead tries to give you a narrative story as you scroll through the various pages.
Every page in the Dynamic Report starts with an introduction before bringing in more tools for added analysis as you scroll down the page.
Using the Other Pages
As directed, you've seen the Overview page of the Dynamic Report but a quick glance at the navigation element will show that there are many different pages available within the report. Our aim is to give you an easy way to dive into the data as much as needed, for example, if you wanted to see specific responses from one of your sources, you can easily navigate straight to that page.
The Dynamic Report contains the following page types:
- The Overview Page - Provides you with a snapshot of how your game is performing against its competitors or other games within the studio.
- The Channel Page - Starting to breakdown the data into specific segments, this page allows you to view the response from specific groups of sources.
- The Source Page - Accessed through the Channel page, you are able to easily view the response from a specific source.
- The Category Page - Once you have viewed the various reactions across your Channels and Sources, next up you'll want to explore the various subjects being discussed. To make the task of identifying key feedback easier, we've placed your feedback into specific categories, each with their own page.
- The Topic Page - Following on from the Category page, if you need to delve even deeper into a specific positive or negative, you can view the feedback towards a specific Topic through the Topic page.
Throughout your usage of the Dynamic Report, various filters can be applied and removed to sub-pages to allow for better segmentation allowing you to easily see all of the flagged Bugs & Issues being reported through Social media for example.
We've given you a very quick walk through our Dynamic Report in this article but the best way to learn the dashboard is to go ahead and start using it. If you do want to learn more about the key features available to you then please click here. If you have any specific questions about the Dynamic Report, please click here as we may have already written a support article detailing how to use a specific part of the platform.